Sunday, October 18, 2009

Visitors from Washington State and Washington DC

Ron and Karen Maxfield from Tri-Cities Washington came for a visit on October 6 th-8th. Mick took wednesday off from work and we went to Gettysburg. We drove up and back in one day. We had a super visit and great fun. It is amazing how much I learn each time I go.

Saturday we went into NYC to meet with them for a visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and lunch at Tavern on the Green. I have to say that Tavern on the Green is very over rated. It was a great atmosphere and the landscaping is beautiful, but the food was disappointing for the price. We strolled through Central Park and had a great adventure watching the roller bladers who fenced off a portion of the walk and were rocking out.
This is Jamie's roomate from freshman year in the center, Abbey Rich. She came last sunday night with two Washington DC intern friends Rachel and Melissa. It was fun having college kids in the house with us. They even played games with me!!!


2 comments:

sammysangel said...

and dad even played a game with you yesterday

Karen said...

we had a great time--thanks--
Gettsyburg was such a surprise--
I have to get going on my blog--

Just next time would someone please tell me to fix my shirt, so I won't look like I can't dress myself!!
I guess that's what happens when you get old--and it's your 6th day out of suitcase!