Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Love Fall in New Jersey

I love this time of year living in New Jersey. The trees are near their peak they say. Some of my favorite things to do is to drive through a leaf storm. This is when the leaves are falling so heavy it is like driving through rain, but it is leaves. I love watching the leaves flutter behind the car. I love riding my bike in the neighborhood and crunching through the dry leaves on the side of the road.
This is the scenery I observe whenever I get in the car. Isn't it spectacular? I keep thinking I'm going to get pulled over for swerving on the road trying to take it all in.
The pumpkins are getting ready for harvest. I have three large ones this year and about 25 jack be littles.




Watch for the post on the "Guess the pumpkin Weight" contest. It will be happening next week because we have already woken up to a light frost here in Jersey. Once again the prize will be candy. We even have a box of Twixxels that never was released. I love them, but the mid-east test market, said no go.











I love decorating with the few things I have for fall. Another of my favorite things is homemade pumpkin pie.







...and don't forget the famous holiday tree!! Why do we still have the tree up you ask?






As you can see, our family room is huge and we have very little furniture in there. I love my mantle all decorated for fall.








So Mick thought it would be great to leave it up all year to help fill the space. I must admit, I have enjoyed the lights on in the evening. Plus decorating for the different seasons has been fun.
It isn't too late to book that flight and come see us. The leaves will still be here for a couple more weeks.





7 comments:

sammysangel said...

yea i cant wait to be back in cali

Emily Rosell said...

Love those leaves ;) we have a little fall here...few trees are changing!

Leslie Ewell said...

I wish I could but I can't! Soon you can decorate the tree for Christmas again!

Karen said...

I need to post my New England fall photos soon!!
You do live in a beautiful area--thanks for sharing it with us!

Jamie Ward said...

You should send some of that delicious candy to your starving daughter at school who asked months ago to send gum. I'm still waiting.

The Kirby's said...

I want to know if Twixxels are Twix's with pretzels, and if so I am so angry that they were not released. The only thing better than prezels, caramel and chocolate is if they added marshmellows. I am going to have to win the pumpkin contest!

Max2 said...

Fall in NJ looks amazing.