Friday, June 12, 2009

What do you do all day.....Quilt!


This quilt ended up being huge. It is done with the guitar fabrics and I backed it with cordoroy. See the fun fabrics up close. Between rows I also used the black cordoroy.
It is quilted with a guitar and treble cleff and notes quilting design. My friend Joyce Brock did the quilting on my last 5 quilts. She is awesome. More to come.







A friend from California wanted to know what I do during the day. Well quilt for one. So decided to show you some of the quilts I've done since moving here. One on the left is a strippy done with a jelly roll. The one in the middle is a baby quilt with Lakehouse Fabrics. It really turned out cute and I did the quilting myself. I'll get a closer up shot. The one on the right is a quilt done with 2 inch squares of fabric. Not my typical quilt. I like Gina's Afternoon Delights that you can do in an Afternoon or Two. This definately wasn't one of those and it is twin size. Check out her website at ThreadedPearStudios.com

2 comments:

Karen said...

WOW--you do look like you have been busy!
I did one jean quilt for each child--that was the extent of my quilting!!
Now since the grandchildren are arriving I probably should figure it out again!!

Becky said...

They are gorgeous! How are your pumpkins growing??