Friday, June 5, 2009

The Food Chain...Should we be on alert?


Last weekend two deer were hit just yards from our home here in Jersey. The buzzards were out in full force staking claim to their prizes. The thing that cracked me up, was these buzzards just stood there protecting their find, just staring at the other buzzards who were staking claim to their deer. I kept thinking what is the point!!!
Well the very next day in the afternoon, this is the point!!! They cleaned that poor deer up in less than 48 hours.

The scarry thing is, there are 4 buzzards that like to sit on the chimney of our home. Is this a sign? Are they staking our place out?

3 comments:

Karen said...

I would move fast when I am outside if I were you!!

sammysangel said...

yea those birds are creepy looking

Leslie Ewell said...

That is just scary!