Thursday, March 5, 2009

Last Snow Storm of 2009?


We woke up monday morning to snow!!!! There was about 4 inches so Mick and I did the driveways and walks of our home and the neighbors since they let us borrow the snow blower before Mick headed out to work. Two hours later I headed out to a funeral in the 4 wheel drive truck . Thank goodness because the roads were compact snow! Upon returning in a blizzard a few hours later we had now recorded 7 inches, 14 inches in drifts. I love it. I love the snow. Didn't get to the sledding hill though, because I spent the last of the daylight hours, scraping the driveway and walk without the snow blower. The picture of the house is upon my return from the funeral. You can't even see the driveway. Why didn't you wait to shovel driveway you ask? Because it made it much easier to do only 3 inches instead of the total 7!!! We still have snow on the lawn today because our evening temps have been 5-8 degrees and daytime 23! Sue Hill spent the night with us tuesday evening. It was great having her here and catching up on the Brea news. Saw Tammy Haar, Larry and Joan Stevens and all their family at the funeral. It was a beautiful service for Hector.




2 comments:

sammysangel said...

i cant wait till the snow goes away

Becky said...

that's a good idea to stick a ruler down. I love the snow too, it makes me feel all cozy, hot chocolate and a blankie and a book!!! Maybe some homemade muffins and soup!!! Probably got a work out shoveling those 3 inches even though it was 'just' 3 inches!