Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kohls Girl

As most of you know I got a part time job at a new Kohls store that is opening April 1st. I loved working retail with Cranberry last year and thought, hey this will be fun. They hired me as an ad set girl. The interview process was VERY INTERESTING and everyone that hears the story is surprised that they hired me, expecially after the crying scene I had.
Well the first 4 shifts have been training and lectures. They have been interesting, but not the hands on I like. I have been toying with the idea of telling them it is not working out and quitting, after all the shifts are random times that just so happen to cut into my lifestyle that I have become use to. Well yesterday was a 4 hour shift merchandising from 7 to 11am. I loved it and really got into it. I unpacked boxes and placed the new products on the shelf. It was like Christmas. The assitant store manager pulled me from the group and had me make all the filled shelves in Childrens perfect and pretty. I love doing that kind of thing. All the edges of the t-shirts were perfectly aligned and from smallest to largest, like colors together etc. But then I got to thinking.......five minutes into the grand opening on April 1st, can you just picture my perfectly folded and lined up shirts??????

6 comments:

sammysangel said...

dont quit mom. youve always told me not to

Brynn said...

The obsessive compulsive part of me would love that kind of a job!

grantmom6 said...

Hey Joni, Congratulations on the new job...now I don't feel so crazy for taking a job at Costco. My kids, I think, believe I'm crazy for working, but I'd rather be making $18/hr than $8/hr if I have to be working after we should be retired. Plus the benefits are great. I'd love to hear the "crying scene" story :). I'm taking Connor to Brea/Disneyland for his birthday the end of this month and we'll miss seeing you at church!! I'll drive past your house though, and check on it for you.

Leslie Ewell said...

Just think-you will be able to do it all over again! You'll love it!

Becky said...

watch out you're going to be a manager there before you know it!! wait, that would definitely cut into your lifestyle!! Did you do activity days, how did it go this week? I was totally thinking of you, while I was cleaning out the washer. There were no corners but I got every speck of slime out of that thing!!

cindi said...

Hi Joni, I think u should be a merchandiser for them and travel all over especially california....