Friday, December 19, 2008

Ok as most of you know I love collecting and pinning bugs. It all started when my kids were in Honors Biology and the big end of year project was the classifying or ordering of 50 insects. I would collect them all year and the students would call me to see if I had any bugs. Even after my kids didn't have Honors Bio I continued to collect these little creatures. side note....can't tell you how many A's I earned. Well my best assistant is janelle. She sees those little buggers and calls me for the capture and kill. One morning she announced, very boldly, that there was a really cool, HUGE bug on the screen. Oh, I told her, I don't collect them out here in Jersey. But after viewing this huge praying mantus I just had to get the collection jar and go to work. Sunday was a youth fireside at the house and my pinned project is now on the phone desk. One of the leaders started to get all flushed and upset. He asked me where I had gotten the mantus and I proudly told him the story. He promptly told me it is against the law in Jersey to kill a praying mantus. Oops!! Well the word got around the ward and the primary president made me this apron. I have to let you know, that I proudly wore it at the ward Christmas party.

No comments: