Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sled ride............egads!!!!!!

Ok, Janelle and I are at Sams Club and they have this really cool red snow sled with flames even for $22. Hey it's my birthday so I treat myself to one. On the way home I decide to try it out on the local sledding hill. Janelle kept telling me not to do it. I was too old, I'll break something. Well sledding and ice skating on one of the frozen lakes here in jersey is on my bucket list before we move, so away I go. The picture is of me whooping and laughing and having a grand old time!Very shortly after the picture was taken the sled decides to flip around and go backwards. Egads...........visions of Lava Hot Springs are now dancing in my head. Remember my river run this summer, the one where the inner tube turns around backwards, I go over a rapid, flip over backwards, scrapping my knee, (still have the scar to prove it), hitting my head on a lava rock and losing my glasses? Well at the bottom of the hill is a huge ice field. There is also a little jump. I can just picture me flipping over backwards, hitting my head, breaking my new glasses, and maybe even getting a concussion, so I bail out. Yes, I bail out. Now I am going down the hill on my back, coat sleeve is pulling up, arm is bleeding and my back and gluteous maximus are getting a real beating. Was I hooping and hollering at the bottom of the hill. No way!!!! The first thing Janelle yells is, "well are you going to take the sled back!?!"
No way, when we have a new fluffy snowfall, you will see me back on the hill with my red snow sled with the really cool flames. Maybe I'll have Janelle video it, because if we had videoed it you would be rolling on the carpet right now cracking up at the old lady from California, sledding on the local sledding hill in Andover, New Jersey.
aka. Mick keeps telling me I don't have to do everything the locals do.

8 comments:

Becky said...

so we are laughing anyway just picturing it... so fun!

Leslie Ewell said...

That's awesome! Looks like you need some practice. Robbie has the same sled and he would love to take you on a few runs!

Leslie Ewell said...

Okay--I feel like a dork! I am sorry that I didn't call you or send a card on your birthday! I hope it was great! Love ya

Jamie Ward said...

oh poor mama...the picture just looks icy.

sammysangel said...

i still think she shouldnt go again

Nicole said...

I also love reading your blog. I just about died laughing when Leslie read me this post! I am so excited to come visit in April! It will be an awesome visit. I am also excited for tons more pictures to scrapbook! (I am a digital scrapbooker. No mess and easier to manipulate.)

Manwaring Family said...

OK Joni--It's off the bucket list now. See if you can't talk Janelle into a ride--how about Mick even? If Jamie were there she'd go--so would Bob, Albert and your mom. I guess it's clear where your dominant genes came from. Maybe your next mission should be to Utah so you can be adventurous with your mom's clan. We'll start out with skiing and advance from there. I can't wait.

Max2 said...

I agree with Tanner Joni - you are genetically geared for that sort of thing. You are hilarious - can't wait to see the video. Love, Gina