Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Road to California Quilt Show

Most of you know that I flew back to California the 13th through the 22nd of January to work at my old job doing the Road to Clifornia quilt show. I love working these shows. It is a lot of work, but you meet a lot of talented people and I get to hang out with the old gang. This is us after packing everything up after the show. L to R: Ginger (awesome quilter and now the go to girl for Threaded Pear Studios), Pamala (use to be bookkeeper of Cranberry Quiltworks, but now is co-owners of a new quilt store with Gina), me (Jersey girl now), Gina (owner of Cranberry Quiltworks, Threaded Pear Studios and now co-owner of quilt store, a very talented and busy mom, wife and creative person), Corni (she is now the go to girl at Cranberry. She longarm quilts also), Kaye (a great friend to everyone at the store. She does their sample quilts, puts together kits and will do anything you ask. She is a fun friend and a grandmother of 4), and Mike (longarm quilter who is now helping Gina with the Cranberry business). I miss working with all these people. There are a few more that aren't in the picture too. Joyce, Derryl, Cindi, and a few more part timers. It is a very fun place to work. Check out Gina's website for quilting. www.quiltersbuzz.com

3 comments:

sammysangel said...

that doesnt look like ginger

Becky said...

That looks like a fun group, I love the names of the stores. So I told Curtis about the shower, got a grossed out look...
I need to talk to you about a few things, I'll send an email!

Becky said...

I think that's a good thing...could be interesting with that group of boys. When they do end up doing Sharing time I want a play by play cuz there will def. be some entertainment value there! Thanks for doing game night this month, esp. with all the confusion!