Sunday, July 18, 2010

June travel to California

Back to California I did go in June. Wow, I have had quite the travels this year. Jamie was in the Rabjohn/Turner wedding, so Mick said I should go to spend time with Jamie and attend the wedding also. The Rosells surprised me with a new flag for the flagpole. They are doing a super job keeping the place up for us. It has been a great blessing for us to not have to worry about the house in Brea. They are also so much fun to stay with when I head into town.
We got to have fun with the Rosells at the house and especially had fun playing with Carly. She has grown up so much since I was there in April. Makes me realize how much I want to be close to my children when they are raising their families.

While in California my brother Mark and his family were there vacationing and also for Katie to check out some colleges in the area. I am so excited that another niece is looking into schools in California. We have a friend in the ward that so graciously signed Jamie and me into the park for part of the day. We had great fun showing them the ropes of California Adventure and getting them to experience the more intense rides.





Bugs life is a fun adventure. Had to give these Washatonians a break from all the fun filled thrill rides. I convinced them all to try California Adventure and Boomerang and then they were maniacs. Kyle rode California Adventure 3 times in a row and Mark even did a couple times in a row. But......when we took them to Tower of Terror.......no way....once was enough they said. Even their exchange student Hanna said once was enough and she is a huge rollercoaster fan.



Here's our recent grad. She had quite the adventure while here in California. She flew in on tuesday afternoon from Washington state where she is working for the summer, we headed to Disneyland on wed, she caught a flight to utah on wed late afternoon for an interview at UVU for their nursing program. Flew back to CA on thursday evening for rehearsal dinner and then the wedding was friday morning. She was able to stay a couple more days after I left so she could have some beach time and enjoy the California sun before heading back to Washington. It had been almost a year since she had been to California. Keep posted to see if she was accepted into their nursing program for her post grad work.




The main reason for my trip to Ca was for the wedding of Braden Turner and Brittany Rabjohns. What a great time I had seeing all our old friends from the neighborhood, the parents of friends of our children, and also the members of Brea 1st ward and Placentia Stake. It was so good to see them and hear how their families are doing.















Jamie has been friends with Brit since they moved to Brea when they were 3 years old. They have many memories together from pre-school, dance, elementary school, Jr High, HS, and they both attended BYU. It was fun for mom to see all her friends and be with her on this visit.






It was so good to see Jenny Summers from northern California. We served in the stake YW together and she is such a fun and talented gal, just like Denise who can do anything she puts her mind to.








What fun I had hanging with good friends Laurel, who is the mother of the bride and Denise Wilson.






















Jamie and I went over to the Peters to wish Tyler Happy Graduation from UCLA. Jamie and Tyler have been good friends since they were 2 years old and their brothers, Graig and Trevor, met in Kindergarten. Congrats goes out to both Jamie and Tyler for doing their undergrad work in 4 years.


























2 comments:

Kinder Teacher said...

My dear friend Joni,
Just realized you have a blog! I loved reading your entries. Somehow, I feel like I have become such an old version of myself. You seem so alive, so excited, and so having fun with your life. I think I need to hang with you when you get back to California. I hope it is soon!!

Take care friend. I love and miss you.
Deb

Laurie said...

Oh Joni, I can only imagine you and curb shopping. I am totally laughing right now!