Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bears in the Neighborhood

A couple of weeks ago we were on our evening walk around the neighborhood. As we rounded the corner a bear came lumbering across the street right in front of us. I was so upset that I didn't have my camera with me. It was such a sight. Well a couple of days later our neighbors were out walking with their camera around their neck. I told him how upset I was that I had not had my camera with me on sunday because of the bear sighting. What time, he asked? Around 8pm. I have a picture I took of the bear in our backyard on the same eveing a few mintues later he said. I was so excited. He e-mailed it to me so I could post it for you to see the bears that live in our neighborhood. A couple of weeks earlier they had strolled through our backyard, once again I missed the shot.

The very next evening on our walk, a skunk was on the side of the road. We turned around and went back the other way. You'll never know who or what you will see on a New Jersey walk.

2 comments:

sammysangel said...

i thought aaron told you to get a strap for your camera

Karen said...

lion, and tigers and BEARS oh, my--

I think I would be taking more than just my camera on those walks!!

Hopefully we will be able to see the sites of NJ in Oct.