Sunday, May 10, 2009

Easter Traditions

Growing up my mother always made a bunny cake for Easter. It was tradition. I loved that cake. It brings back fond memories of easter egg hunts, easter basket contest at the Country Club, a new Easter dress and sunday shoes. So since we had a large group at the house I decided to make the bunny cake. Well it just didn't turn out like the memories I have of it as a child. My mother asked if I made the homemade 7 minute icing...what?...homemade icing....are you crazy? I guess the store bought in the can just didn't cut it this time.
Another Easter tradition is coloring eggs. I have to admit, this is an activity we have not done in years since we usually take our big family trip during easter break. Coloring eggs in Japan, England, Hawaii, Italy, just didn't make the "to do" list while traveling. So when we had the biggest majority of the family here.....guess what?....we colored eggs.
Jamie also colored eggs, check out her blog at A Day in the Life on my blog list.

No comments: